Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fish with bell peppers

Tonight's dinner was simple. And really well received.

Ingredients:
White Fish (1 filet for each person, tonight I used Tilapia)
Bell peppers (yellow, red, green) sliced into strips.
1 Onion, sliced.
Pepper
Salt
Chili oil (1/4 tsp red pepper flakes in 1/4 cup olive oil)
Lime

For the potatoes:
2 large potatoes sliced (I use my mandolin so that they are all the same)
seasoning salt
pepper
olive oil

Take sheets of tin foil. Later onion, peppers, and then fish. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish. Spoon olive oil on the fish, about 2 small spoons. (if you want it hot, you can let your spoonful have the flakes in it. For me and the kids, NO flakes.) Squeeze 1/4 lime on each fish. Tent the foil to seal (roll the middle together, then pinch the sides in). Bake 450 for about 25 minutes or till fish flakes easily.

Slightly grease a cookie sheet with olive oil. Spread your potatoes across (be sure not to have them too overlapped). Sprinkle with pepper, and seasoning salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in oven till soft, not crispy though!

Great meal for us. So easy for me :) and that's awesome on a day where we have Jiu Jitsu! My SON even ate the potatoes!!! WHOA! My baby wouldn't' touch it, but I'm used to that. If it's not on her approved list-- forget about it. My oldest devoured it!
Hubby loved it too.

No comments: