Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken (Crockpot)

This was the meal that I had to get all prepped and ready cause I didn't have time to do much later. (I was carting the children all over for their extra curricular activities!) I browned my chicken, then threw the main dish in the crock pot, chopped my squash, threw it in my colander for steaming. When I came home all I had to do was turn on the pot for the squash to steam, and make the rice. 
For my life, it is absolutely necessary to know some quick crockpot recipes. 


Ingredients:
2 Tbs oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1/4 cup Vinegar
14 oz Chicken Broth
1 1/4 cup Orange Juice
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Bragg (or a soy substitute)
2 minced garlic cloves
1 bell pepper (diced)
3 Tbs Cornstarch
1/4 cup water


Brown your chicken in a skillet in the oil.

Take the remaining ingredients, throw it all in a crock pot. Stir. add chicken breasts.
Cook on high setting for 4-6 hours.

Serve over rice (we did brown tonight)

No comments: