Monday, January 16, 2012

Spaghetti, Feta Asparagus and GF Garlic Toast.

Ingredients: (to make EVERYTHING)
GF pasta
Hot Italian Sausage
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped small)
6 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 extra large can of crushed tomatoes (the big ole daddy, or 3-4 regular sized cans.)
GF bread (your choice of brand, I like Rudi's the best, but we just tried another brand, and that's what I used here, it was great... but I threw away the bag when I put it in an air-tight container, so I'll have to get you the brand later! I bought it at Fresh & Easy!)
Butter
Garlic Salt
Olive oil
Asparagus
Feta Cheese

To make my spaghetti sauce:
Hot Italian Sausage
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped small)
6 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 extra large can of crushed tomatoes (the big ole daddy, or 3-4 regular sized cans.)

I sauté my meat till it's cooked through, then I throw my garlic & onion in with a little oil to sweat. Then I mix in the tomatoes, last I throw in my basil & parsley. I simmer it on the stove till I'm ready to eat. (today I simmered for 2 hours.)

To cook the GF pasta just follow the directions on the package, but I do cook my pasta longer than the package says... My package says 5-7 minutes I cooked mine for around 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.

For my Asparagus with Feta:
I  cut my asparagus into bite size pieces. Then I steamed my asparagus till al dente, after that, I threw it in a little skillet with some oil to give it a little crisp. As I served it up, I topped it with feta.

For the GF bread:
I took my bread, put it on a cookie sheet and spread some butter on it. Then I sprinkled garlic salt on it. I cooked it under the broiler till golden.

No comments: