Friday, December 30, 2011

Corn Breaded Tilapia

Quick and Easy. I was out of time and patience tonight!

Ingredients:
5 filets of Tilapia
oil
dried dill
cajun seasoning
lemon pepper
corn flake crumbs
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

For the sides seen here:
Rice
1/2 a lemon (I just squeeze the lemon into my rice before I cook it.)

Salad:
Spinach
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Rinse and pat dry your filets of Tilapia. (Use paper towels, and just throw them away!)
Pour about a 1/2 cup of corn flake crumbs into your blender and blend till fine grit. (Thank you husband for use of your hands to show the difference...)

Put your dill, lemon pepper and cajun seasoning in with the crumbs, mix well.
Sprinkle on top of your fish. Bake in a greased casserole dish till fish flakes (it depends on your thickness of the filet, ours took about 12 minutes). I also poured a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on top of my filets for a brown crisp on top.
Just before the fish is done, for the portions you want with cheese, sprinkle on top.
Serve over rice, with soy sauce substitute. (Tamari, Bragg's or your brand of choice.)

For the salad, I chopped my peppers, put them on top of my spinach. In a cup (with lid) I put equal parts oil and vinegar with some salt and pepper. Shake well, and pour on salad.



No comments: