Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Green Smoothies!

I've been crazy into Green Smoothies lately.

I love them, they give me nutrient that I couldn't possibly eat in a day and they taste great. I am feeling lighter, both weight and in that dragging feeling. I have so much more energy when I drink them, and I feel SO GOOD. I really really really love them.

Everyone's been asking me how I make them... well, here's how.
I use my VitaMix. It's a great blender, really. I honestly LOVE IT. We've even made ice cream in it. It's awesome.
I fill my blender with greens. I cram as much Spinach, Kale, and Collard Greens as I can. I've used Brussel sprouts also, but beware, those can be bitter.
Then I put just a bit of water in it. (like 2 inches in the bottom) Then I blend the greens till it's smooth and there's no more chunks. 
 I add my fruits. Handful of Grapes, handful of Blueberries, 1 Orange, 4-6 Strawberries (depending on size) --green tops and all!, and some Ginger root- about 1/2 inch. 
When the berries are NOT in season I always opt for FROZEN. 
 Add fresh fruit to greens and blend. I increase the speed to 10 pretty quickly, then I run it on HIGH speed for about 1-2 minutes. (or till I think it's all broken down)
Then I add a big cup of ice, and a frozen banana. When I use a fresh banana I add it with the fruit above. When I use Frozen Fruit (in the winter) I omit the ice.

 Blend till smooth completely smooth. 
And there's my day's worth of Green Smoothie


No comments: