Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sesame Chicken Pasta & Sugar Snap Peas

Ingredients:
1/2 cup vegetable broth
3 TBS Sesame Oil (2 for pasta, 1 for peas)
Red Pepper Flakes
Gluten Free Pasta (any kind, tonight I used the amaranth, rice, quinoa blend)
Bragg's Liquid Amino 
Sam Choy's Hawaiian Dressing
1 can Chicken
Sugar Snap Peas
1/2 of a Red Bell Pepper

Pasta Recipe
I threw the noodle water on to start boiling while I started the sugar snap peas.
Cook the noodles till al dente, while the noodles cook, start 2 TBS sesame oil in a skillet, with 1 can chicken, carrots and celery. Add 2 tsp Bragg's, 2 TBS Sam Choy, and the red pepper flakes (use discretion with the red pepper flakes, if you have children, go easy!). Last add 1/2 cup Vegatable broth. Let cook for a short amount of time. Your noodles should be completely done, and you throw them in to your sauce mix. Toss together and serve.


Sugar Snap Peas & Peppers
For the peas I did 1 TBS sesame oil, 1/2 red bell pepper, and 1 cup peas in a skillet. I cooked them till tender and hot.


How they ate it: 
My oldest, and best eater, ate all her pasta- and tried the peas, but didn't like them.
My Son, ate the noodles. Meticulasly sat there, picking each noodle out. 
My baby, ate bites, but really didn't eat much and didn't try the peas. (This is common for her at this stage, she prefers fries, chicken nuggets, and hot dogs. All my kids go through this picky phase.)

No comments: