Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Summer Sausage Pasta

Ok, so I know this is a strange recipe... you see, I bought a HUGE Summer Sausage, then my husband bought another... so I had to do something with them! I'd also had a very long day, so I needed an easy recipe.



Here we go...
1/2 Summer Sausage, cut into slices, then strips.
2 zucchini cut into halves and sliced.
1 bag Gluten Free pasta (I used Penne)
3 Tbsp Italian Dressing

I put the noodles in to start cooking... in the meanwhile I diced and sliced. I threw my sausage and zucchini in a skillet. I let them cook till the sausage was sweating and starting to get a tiny bit brown.
After the noodles were cooked I drained them and threw them in the skillet and doused the entire thing with Italian dressing. I did top mine and hubby's with some Parmesan cheese. It was super easy. It was good. The kids ate it well, they'd had cookies an hour before dinner so no second servings. It was tasty, and I really like the summer sausage heated. It seems to have a bit more oil in it, but I've even had it in hash browns with eggs, that's good, too!

No comments: